diumenge, 28 de novembre del 2010

Pel•lícula de la setmana: The social network

Social Network is a fictional story of the birth of Facebook, but more specifically about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, the film focuses on the simultaneous lawsuits against Zuckerberg by his best friend Eduardo Saverin and three former classmates.

The movie highlights the tribulations of college life, social acceptance, relationships, friendships, deceit, and social envy, all while depicting the start up of one of the biggest societal trends of this decade.




Best quotes:
Erica Albright: You are going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole.

Mark Zuckerberg: As for any charges stemming from the breach of security, I believe I deserve some sort of recognition from this Ad Board.
Administrator: I'm sorry
Mark Zuckerberg: Yes.
Administrator: I don't understand.
Mark Zuckerberg: Which part?
Administrator: You believe you deserve some recognition?
Mark Zuckerberg: I pointed out some pretty gaping holes in your system.

Mark Zuckerberg: A guy who makes a nice chair doesn't owe money to everyone who has ever built a chair.

Sean Parker: You're going to hand them a business card saying, 'I'm CEO, bitch'

Sean Parker: Drop the "the". Just "Facebook". It's cleaner.

Mark Zuckerberg: We don't know what it can be. We don't know what it will be. We know that it is cool

Gage: Mr. Zuckerberg, do I have your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: No.
Gage: Do you think I deserve it?
Mark Zuckerberg: What?
Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.
Gage: Okay - no. You don't think I deserve your attention.
Mark Zuckerberg: I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try - but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing.
Mark Zuckerberg: Did I adequately answer your condescending question?

Mark Zuckerberg: Money or the ability to make it doesn't impress anybody around here.

Eduardo Saverin: It was insanely stupid for me not to have my own lawyer look over all the . . . the uh . . . I thought they were my lawyers. I was a Harvard business major. I was your only friend. You had one friend.

Mark Zuckerberg: Eduardo was the president of the Harvard Investor's Association and he was my best friend.
Gage: Your best friend is suing you for 600 million dollars.
Mark Zuckerberg: I didn't know that; tell me more!

Erica Albright: The internet's not written in pencil, Mark. It's written in ink. And you published that Erica Albright was a bitch right before you made some ignorant crack about my family's name, my bra size, and then rated women based on their hotness









Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada